PROJECT TRAFFIC ADVISORY, US-31, OTTAWA COUNTY, September 8, 2023
The culvert replacement work on US-31 is in construction near the City of Ferrysburg, and Grand Haven as well as the Village of Spring Lake .
Culvert Replacement work near Van Wagoner requires prep work related to sheeting and establishing a bypass pump prior to removal of the existing culvert to occur. In an effort to improve safety for the motoring public and highway workers, US-31 will have single lane closure on NB and SB US-31 as well as ramp closures at Van Wagoner and 3rd street.
The information below is the anticipated traffic changes while traveling within the construction influence area of the culvert replacement work.
US-31 South of Van Wagoner:
– Starting September 11th NB US-31 will have single lane closures 24 hours 7 days a week.
– Starting September 11th the NB on ramp from 3rd street will be closed and detoured.
– Continuing from last week SB US-31 will have a single lane closure 24 hours 7 days a week.
– Continuing from last week the SB on ramp from Van Wagoner will be closed and detoured.
– Starting September 13th at 12 am SB US-31 will be closed and detoured from Van Wagoner to 3rd street. *Note this closure is weather dependent and may need to be adjusted. Details to come on a future traffic advisory.
– Starting September 16th at 12 am NB US-31 will be closed and detoured from 3rd street to Van Wagoner. *Note this closure is weather dependent and may need to be adjusted. Details to come on a future traffic advisory.
Additionally, new permanent left turn signals have been installed and are active for M-104 traffic turning onto M-231. This enhancement was done in advance of the upcoming full detour of US-31 to assist in the operations and safety of the intersection.